NeighborLink has a vision to see the local Church of Fort Wayne be the hands and feet of Jesus through serving our city’s vulnerable homeowners, who are our neighbors. Thousands of seniors, individuals with disabilities, and people facing life’s unforeseen circumstances are struggling with home maintenance and repairs, and cannot physically or financially perform those tasks. As Project Facilitator, you will be passionate about seeing our mission implemented in the local community, be able to administrate multiple programs at the same time, and have a heart for connecting neighbors. You will be the main point of contact for all neighbors looking for assistance and the volunteers that will help them, as well as the champion of keeping our online project page as up to date as possible. Additionally, this role exists to move volunteers along the journey from being one-time, transactional volunteers to regularly engaged, transformative volunteers through the continued development and implementation of the NL Volunteer Journey.
NeightborLink Executive Director and Director of Operations
Over 70% of the projects that get posted on our website come through our phone.
- Take all in-bound requests for assistance via telephone and email, gathering relevant information from neighbors in need, explain how NeighborLink works, and then post needs to website.
- Follow-up two weeks after a project has been entered to check on the status. At this time, you will determine whether or not the project is still needed, see if any information has changed, and then update the project accordingly. Doing this ensures volunteers have the latest data possible, and ultimately the homeowner’s needs are met.
Be the first point of contact for anyone seeking to volunteer with NLFW and turn potential volunteers into actual volunteers through project selection, project management, and project support. You will work closely with Jeff Shatto on these tasks.
- Process all incoming requests for additional information regarding volunteerism and help volunteers get started with NL.
- Support volunteer needs in terms of project selection, answering questions about the volunteering process at NL, gathering tools and materials if needed, and ensure they are equipped to accomplish what they set out to do.
- Be able to effectively communicate project details and the NL mission/vision to volunteers to ensure they understand what needs done and how their efforts fit into the bigger picture.
Develop, manage, and lead the process in how the NL team engages with volunteers from the point of contact through the three main levels of the NL Volunteer Journey.
- Lead and manage volunteer recruitment efforts within NL to help fill the pipeline of volunteers through the Volunteer Journey.
Full-Time Position (40+ hours week)
Experience: 2-5 years of experience
Education: 2- or 4-year college degree preferred, or relevant work experience
Start date: Early August
You are able to faithfully align with and be able to implement our organization’s mission of Practical Neighbor-to-Neighbor Expressions of God’s Love.
You are self-motivated to stay busy, solve problems, and accomplish your goals in a highly decentralized and independent environment, while also working as a team player toward the big picture.
You have the ability to work each day with most of your hours being completed between the hours of 8am - 6pm in order to reach neighbors and volunteers via telephone. Weekend and night-time flexibility is required as needed based on volunteer demands. However, there is flexibility that comes with the job to ensure a balanced work week.
You have the desire to talk, interact, and build relationships with a large number of people from a diverse range of socioeconomic statuses. You have high levels of interest in relational connections.
You have efficiency working with web-based, form-driven, and word processing applications, and Apple software products. You know when to pick up the phone and make a phone call.
You're Reliable and Flexible
If you say you’re going to do something, you mean it or you work hard to find a solution if you can’t. You will have several different projects relying on your ability to do what you’ve said you will do. You like to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion.
You're Able to Work Independently
NeighborLink is a flat organization and each staff person is responsible for their own specific set of goals. You’ll need to be able to understand the vision, take direction, and then run with it. You’ll also have the flexibility you need to accomplish your job responsibilities as well as fit them into your life’s circumstances.
You're an Implementer
One of the most important skills the successful candidate brings to NL is the ability and desire to get things done. You thrive on knocking things off your checklist and are always looking for ways to fill it back up again.
You're a Connector
The candidate loves to connect people that should meet and know a good partnership opportunity when you see one. You keep track of the resources you identify and as you observe needs, like to make the connections between the two.
You're a Life-long Learner
You are committed to becoming the best you can be by being open to personal, professional, and spiritual development. Learning is an important part of our culture and necessary to navigate the challenges of volunteer mobilization and community transformation.
If this is you...
Please email your resume to Andrew@NLFW.org.
For more information on NeighborLink Fort Wayne, visit, www.NLFW.org.
NeighborLink Fort Wayne is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
You can download a PDF of this job description here: Project Facilitator.pdf