2012 was a fantastic year and I thought there were a few things you needed to know that we consider successes.
1. 934 projects were completed in 2012 - 210 more than 2011
2. That represents approximately 2,802 Volunteer Opportunities. (Average volunteers for each project is 3 people)
3. Donors donated $9,920 to projects via our new web funding tool between June 18th, 2012 & the end of the year at an average donation of $268.11. Proof that developing our crowdfunding tool met the demand of donors that want to connect directly to the projects they fund.
4. We created 28 videos including a 30 minute documentary on the work of NeighborLink in 2012. You can view them all here.
5. We have a partnership with Habitat for Humanity that allows you to get at least 35% off the price of goods at their ReStore for NeighborLink projects you’re working on. All the details can be found online in the Resources page in your Dashboard. The details will tell you how to take advantage of that partnership.
6. We had 280 New Members join NeighborLink Fort Wayne’s website in 2012
7. We moved into our very first official office space located at 2826 S Calhoun St. Our hope is that it will help us continue to grow and be a landing zone that will attract long-term volunteers and interns. We’re also excited about the other organizations we share the building with, like Blue Jacket, Inc.
8. We hosted our very first celebration/fundraising event in December, which was a complete success. We had over 115 people in attendance & raised over $5,000.
9. Owensboro, KY - Evansville, IN - Philadelphia, PA - Liberty County, GA - These cities caught the NeighborLink vision and all launched NeighborLinks in their cities. That makes 9 cities around the US using the NL platform.
10. Team NeighborLink had an incredible year of growth. We added over a dozen athletes to our running & cycling teams. Many of them competed in local races and one even rode his bike over 600 miles in 7 days and raised $1,500 for projects.
As you can tell, it was an incredible year that has left us wondering what 2013 holds for us. Expect a follow up email in coming weeks with what we’re excited for in 2013.