Starting at 6pm, we’ll gather at Founders for a night full of website development for NeighborLink Fort Wayne. The goal is to get as much of the new website NLFW is developing programmed as possible. You can read about why we're rebuilding the website here.
NLFW’s key developer, Brett Meyer, and designer, Josh Tuck, will be leading everyone that night in order to make sure anyone that volunteers that night has clear direction. NL director, Andrew Hoffman, will also be there to make any critical decisions that come up as programming begins.
This is a great opportunity to help us get our website to the next phase and reduce the amount of time before we launch.
Food, drinks, and a great environment will be provided. Join us for a few hours or all night. We’ll work until we hit our goals or the last person is ready to leave.
Tasks & Technical Information
The bulk of what we’re looking for falls into a handful of buckets. Tasks will be determined by available skill-sets and talents of those that show up.
- Optimizing and slicing the new designs' PSDs
- Creating the HTML/CSS templates
- Back-end improvements and new features – we currently use:
- CodeIgniter MVC framework (no experience necessary)
- Database improvements (MySQL)
- Android and iOS prototyping (either native or cross-platform)
- Strategy, user experience, and big-picture thinking
You can download a flyer for the event by clicking here. Please share the info with any developers you know that may be interested in joining us for a great night.
Huge Thanks to Founders for being willing to work with us to make this happen. Check them out online atfounders.com
Please Register Over at Our Event Page