1. Andrew is only on a Paleo diet when there aren’t donuts in the office (and Fairfield Donuts is a great place to get said donuts).
2. Holly goes into “zones” quite often, and she frequently bursts out in random song.
3. Bethany knows every random fact you could ever want to know.
4. Beth loves Taylor University and talks about it every chance she gets.
5. Amanda will try her hand at just about any sport.
On a more serious note, Holly, Bethany, Amanda, and I have loved our experience as interns with NeighborLink thus far. We’ve interacted with youth groups and project recipients and worked on a couple projects ourselves. We’ve soaked in wisdom from members of the board. We’ve discussed ways to avoid “Toxic Charity.” We’ve helped plan and prepare for events like Small Things: Hydrants and our upcoming Neighbor of the Year campaign. We’ve written blogs, organized projects, applied for grants, and worked on the new website.
Our first month taught us a lot about NeighborLink and what it’s like to work for a grassroots non-profit. We’re excited to see what God has in store for each of us the rest of the summer!
We missed you during your vacation, Bethany!
Beth, Operations Intern