NeighborLink has a vision to leverage technology to see the local Church of Fort Wayne be the hands and feet of Jesus through serving our city’s vulnerable homeowners, who are our neighbors. Thousands of seniors, individuals with disabilities, and people facing life’s circumstances are struggling with home maintenance and repairs who cannot physically or financially perform those tasks. It’s our desire to see the collective efforts of local churches, business, civic groups, and concerned neighbors facilitate neighborhood development through their acts of compassion and service.
This role exists to strengthen the day-to-day operations through the effective management and execution of office and program related projects. As we prepare for the next phase of organizational growth, this role is vital to ensuring the mission of NL is executed in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Project Management & Implementation
Partner with existing NL leadership team members to assist in the execution of various projects related to their work. Projects could include but are not limited to: writing, distributing or managing communications projects; communicating with volunteers or donors; event planning; generating reports related to key operational metrics; and/or representing NL at community oriented events.
- Be able to take ownership of various small to medium scale projects and move them towards completion with the help of the rest of the NL team.
- Keep leadership staff informed, equipped, and focused on key initiatives by removing their barriers through effective project management.
Be the first point of contact for all day-to-day office related questioning and problem solving needs for staff. Take ownership of office related tasks such as managing Team NeighborLink & office inventory, contacting vendors, planning office related activities, and diving into technology related issues such as email or computer problems.
- Take ownership of removing the barriers between our staff and the work they need to do by acquiring needed supplies, solving office equipment needs, and being available to answer the day-to-day questions that come up through accumulated skills or effective problem solving.
- Take ongoing challenges related to our key initiatives and identify potential solutions that our team can evaluate as we look to make changes by calling vendors, doing online research, and learning about new methodology related to the issue.
- Assist the ED in maintaining the relationships with existing NL Network members and be the first point of contact for any technology, document, or project management needs.
- Assist the ED in all web-related project management projects by collecting issues and reporting them to the current web developer.
Internal Relationship Engagement
Partner with the ED on the internal relationship engagement and development needs of the NL team to ensure a healthy workplace that encourages personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Be the first point of contact for any HR or relationship related issues to assess needs, mitigate non-critical issues, and direct course of action towards solution.
- Lead internal staff engagement activities that build healthy culture and acknowledge staff-related contributions. Ensure we’re supporting each other well relationally.
- Partner with ED on staff development initiatives.
You are able to faithfully align with and be able to implement our organization’s mission of “Practical Neighbor-to-Neighbor Expressions of God’s love.”
You are self-motivated to stay busy, solve problems, and accomplish your goals in a highly decentralized and independent environment. You love to get things done. You will be driven by your desire to do your work at the highest level, be responsible to your team, and to represent yourself and the organization well.
You have the desire and flexibility to create a work/life integration that gives you space to always be representing NeighborLink. You have a schedule and availability that allows you to make time for NL work at night, on weekends, or whenever the opportunity presents itself to fulfill the job time requirements. In return, you have autonomy and an equal amount of flexibility in the role.
You see things in the order they should be in, welcome input, embrace change, and can clearly communicate your ideas with those around you. You have the desire to support others by solving problems that help them stay focused on their priorities. You like to interact and build relationships with people from a diverse range of socioeconomic statuses and have interest in relational connections. You are kind, inclusive, and believe that everyone has something to offer.
You have efficiency working with web-based, form driven and word processing kind of applications, Apple software products, and be able to know when to pick up the phone and make a phone call.
You’re Reliable, Flexible, & Accountable
If you say you’re going to do something, you mean it or you work hard to find a solution if you can’t. You will have several different projects and staff members relying on you to do what you’ve promised you can do. You like to take ownership of projects and see them through. You take ownership when you’re wrong and make sure to do what’s possible to make it right.
You’re Able to Bring The Team Together
NeighborLink is a flat organization and each staff person is responsible for their specific set of goals. You’ll need to be able to understand the vision, see all the parts of the organization, be aware of what’s next, and then help connect and empower the team to work together. You’ll have the flexibility you need to accomplish your job responsibilities and lead your team.
You Are an Implementer
One of the most important skills the successful candidate brings to NL is the ability and desire to get things done. You thrive on knocking things off your checklist and are always looking for ways to fill it back up again. You have a plan, stay organized, and desire to keep things moving forward.
You’re a Problem Solver
You thrive on solving problems that come at you. There is no rule book or how-to guide to many of the challenges we see at NL. Having the curiosity and mentality to exhaust your resources and network to search for solutions is vital for you and the rest of us to succeed.
You Want to Be A Better You
You acknowledge that there is always self-work to be done and are committed to your personal, profession, and spiritual journey. You bring humility and a desire to find purpose in your work while helping others find purpose in theirs.
Responsible to: Executive Director
General Details: Full-Time Position (40+ hours week) // 3-5 Years of Experience Required
IF THIS IS YOU......
Please email your cover letter & resume to Andrew@NLFW.org
For more information on NeighborLink Fort Wayne, visit, www.NLFW.org
NeighborLink Fort Wayne is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
Office & Project Manager Role.pdf